- Please note that these guides are only informative. It can be dangerous to plug partially disassembled devices. Always unplug the device when working on it. If you’re not sure how to proceed, contact a local repair café or a professional.
There is no wifi connection
If you cannot connect to the Internet, you may see an empty Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar of your device.
Fortunately, there are some steps you can take. Some are easier than others.
STEP 1 Can other devices connect to the Internet?
- Check with one or more other devices to see if they have the same problems.
- If so, the problem lies with your home network or network operator. Switch off your modem and router or unplug them for 30 seconds and then switch them back on.
STEP 2 Contact your internet provider
If the problem persists, it is best to contact the helpdesk of your network provider. Have your customer information at hand so they can help you quickly.
General recovery tips
- Manual Repair Cafés on faulty laptops (French, ext.)
- Where can I buy spare parts? (French, ext.)
- Instructions on 3D printing spare parts (English, ext.)
- Always unplug the device when working on it and remove the battery if possible.
- When working with electronics, it is best to wear an antistatic bracelet to prevent damage from static discharges
- If you are unsure how to proceed, contact a local repair shop or a professional repairer
Are you a maker who likes to repair things?
With this project, we try to create relevant guidelines on a product category and frequent faults level. The exercise is led by different repair networks, but our content can only grow and improve thanks to your help.